- Call the helpline on 1300 227 000 to speak to the friendly team who will take your details, make a quick assessment of the help you need and set up an appointment with a debt coach for you.
- The local CAP Debt Coach will come and visit you in your home* to begin the process of understanding your debt, helping you to find a solution.
2Make a plan
- The qualified debt counsellors in Head Office will develop a budget for both you and your creditors to agree on.
- If repayment within a reasonable amount of time isn’t possible, the team will assist you through the process of applying for bankruptcy.
- After your in-home* visits, you will receive a caseworker for long-term support. As your situation changes over time they are available to make adjustments to your budget, negotiate with your creditors, and check-in with you regularly.
- Set up a regular payment into your personalised CAP account. CAP will distribute these funds to your creditors on your behalf.
- Your creditors will be advised that CAP is now working on your behalf, ensuring you can be free to focus on the important things in your life.
*or in another safe, nearby location